Terms and Conditions
Please make sure you read these terms and conditions thoroughly before booking a session.
1. Booking terms
- The issuing of my booking invoice holds the session date / provisional dates for you. The booking terms are 7 days from issue of the invoice and payment of the booking fee (£50) within that period secures your date and time for the session.
- A booking fee is non-refundable but transferrable to another session type if necessary.
2. Payment of Collections
- The total cost of the collection includes the Booking fee as above in Section 1. Booking Terms.
- The balance of the collection is due in advance of the session –
The balance of a collection is due, 6 weeks prior to your due date.
All other session types
The balance of a collection is due, 4 weeks prior to your chosen session date.
- The payment for the Collection is non-refundable but transferrable to another session as credit, if necessary.
3. Session cancellation
- Please provide as much notice as possible for the cancellation and rescheduling of a session.
- If a session is cancelled within 24 hours of the scheduled session, a rescheduled session will be agreed, with a £25 rescheduling fee.
- Bex Pidgeon Photography reserves the right to use any photograph in any form for such reasons as and not limited to, use in advertising and competition.
- Copying, scanning or reproducing images is strictly prohibited. Screen-printing images from Bex Pidgeon Photography’s website, facebook page or instagram page is also prohibited.
- Bex Pidgeon Photography owns Copyright of the images taken. As a customer, you will be offered the chance to purchase the digital images, with Print Release; which means that you can share, copy and print the images purchased. But you must not edit the images in any way or sell the images for financial gain.
- If a third party or company would like to purchase or make use of the images from your session, they must agree the publication and any financial offer with Bex Pidgeon Photography as owner of the images, with Copyright. Where possible they must also reference Bex Pidgeon Photography as creator of the image.
5. Your Personal Data
- What we need
Bex Pidgeon Photography will be the ‘Controller’ of the personal data you provide to us. We collect basic personal data about you including name, address, email, family members and ages.
- Why we collect your data
We need your basic personal data in order to provide you with information about photography services in accordance with our contract. We will not collect any personal data from you that we do not need in order to provide and oversee this service to you.
- What we do with your data
All the personal data we hold is processed by our staff in the UK however for the purposes of IT hosting and maintenance this information is located on servers within the United States, with a company called 17hats.
No 3rd parties have access to your personal data unless the law or our contract with you, allows them to do so.
We have a Data Protection regime in place to oversee the effective and secure processing of your personal data.
- How long we keep your data
We keep your images for 3 years, after which time they will be deleted. Your information we use for marketing purposes will be kept with us until you notify us that you no longer wish to receive this information.
- What we would also like to do with your data
We would like to use your name and email address to inform you of our future offers and similar products. This information is not shared with third parties and you can unsubscribe at any time via phone, email or our website.
- What are your rights?
If at any point you believe the information we process on you is incorrect you can request to see this information and have it corrected or deleted. If you wish to raise a complaint on how we have handled your personal data, you can contact Rebecca Pidgeon on email@example.com who will investigate the matter.
If you are not satisfied with our response or believe we are not processing your personal data in accordance with the law you can complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Terms and Conditions last updated 25/07/2018